Oil to Gas Conversion
Propane | Natural Gas | Compressed Natural Gas
Have you considered switching fuels? Mechanical Services is Maine’s leader in oil to gas conversions including natural gas, compressed natural gas and propane.
With over 50 years of design, installation and maintenance experience, we provide safe, cost-effective methods of converting to gas heat for Maine businesses of every size. Our existing customers include hospitals, malls, schools, colleges, industrial complexes and commercial properties.
Why Convert to Gas Heat? Consider the Savings.
- Natural gas and propane can cost considerably less than fuel oil in some regions.
- Gas heating equipment requires less maintenance and repairs, reducing yearly upkeep costs.
- Natural gas and propane can significantly lower SOx and NOx stack emissions compared to wood or oil.
Don’t have access to a traditional pipeline? Not sure what fuel would work best for your business? Call our experienced team today. We’ll analyze your existing equipment and fuel costs — and find the solution that’s right for you.
One Call Does It All
Our facility work is fully compliant with all local, state, and federal requirements. Mechanical Services provides all site work and will work with your fuel provider on installation, as well as provide all electrical service, security systems, redundant safety devices, fencing and gas piping required to safely install your gas supply.
Working With You and Your Team
The most important part of any project is understanding the challenges involved in safely converting your existing system to a new one while maintaining day-to-day plant operations.
- We fully train your staff so they have a complete understanding of how to safely utilize your natural gas or propane system.
- Comprehensive training will be provided for your local police and fire department, if needed.
- We analyze any and all potential impacts your new system may have on the environment and local community.
- We will attend meetings to inform your neighbors about your fuel system and answer any questions they may have.
Fuel Switching Projects:
Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center — Three boilers converted to Propane
Caribou Veteran’s Clinic — Two boilers converted to Compressed Natural Gas
Cary Medical Center — Four boilers converted to Compressed Natural Gas
Central Maine Medical Center — Two boilers converted to Natural Gas
Dana Warp Mill — Two boilers converted to Natural Gas
Eastern Maine Community College — Six boilers converted to Natural Gas
Emera Maine — Three boilers converted to Propane
Freeport Public Schools — Five boilers converted to Natural Gas
General Dynamics — Two boilers converted to Natural Gas
General Electric — Five Cleaver Brooks Boilers, two Burnham boilers and three industrial ovens converted to Natural Gas
Global Energy — Two boilers converted to Natural Gas
Gorham School Department — Four boilers converted to Natural Gas
Houlton Regional Hospital — Two boilers converted to Propane
Roman Catholic Diocese of Maine — Fourteen boilers converted to Natural Gas
Strive University — Three boilers converted to Natural Gas
TAMC – The Aroostook Medical Center — Three boilers converted to Compressed Natural Gas
Tyler Technologies — One boiler converted to Propane
University of Maine System — Nine boilers converted to Natural Gas
Windham School Department — Two boilers converted to Natural Gas